Expectations of WINGS Scholars
Being chosen as a WINGS Scholar is an exciting honor. To maintain the program's integrity, below are expectations of all Scholars.
- Attends all mandatory new and renewing scholar events.
- Maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative grade-point average.
- Take a minimum of 6 credit hours, but ideally at least 12 credit hours per semester.
- Agree to allow your school to release proof of your academic progress by submitting a copy of your academic transcript to WINGS at the end of each semester and/or as requested.
- Enroll and take classes starting in the immediate fall after your acceptance into WINGS AND maintain consecutive semesters of attendance at your institution until you graduate. If you fail to attend for two consecutive semesters, you will forfeit any remaining scholarship amounts.
- Provide WINGS with your schedule showing credit hours for upcoming semester a month before each semester.
- Develop and maintain a well thought-out plan for achieving your educational and career goals.
- Share willingly both successes and challenges with your Mentor AND meet regularly with your Mentor. Notify your Mentor of any changes that affect your qualification to continue in the WINGS program
- Cooperate with WINGS and WE in promoting the WINGS program, including giving WINGS the right to use your picture or other information about yourself to publicize the WINGS scholarship program.